As the bells are ringing us into 2024, it’s a great time to reflect on what went well and what didn’t over the past year. You decide what served you, what goals you should set for the future, and what lessons you learned.
At Catalyst Development, we partner with companies every day, so we see the good, the bad, and the ugly of management practices. Here are some of the biggest challenges we’ve seen organizations face in their management ranks this year.
- Micromanagement. This year, we should all strive to bid farewell to our micromanagement era. Autonomy is IN. Trusting your team fosters creativity and innovation.
- Communication Chaos. Let’s leave behind our bad communication habits. Endless email chains and confusing instructions have no place in our organizations moving forward!
- Overworking. We’re fully on team #NoBurnout next year. Embrace work-life balance and prioritize mental health for your team AND yourself.
- Death by Meetings. Streamline your staff meetings in 2024 so that you don’t continue having “meeting soup” and wasting 50% of your week (or more!) bored in unproductive meetings.
- Generic Policies. It’s time to recognize the individuality of your team members. Now, we move away from generic policies and embrace flexible, personalized approaches that cater to diverse needs.
- Silent Struggles. In 2024, we’re saying goodbye to the stigma around mental health discussions. Encourage open conversations and provide resources to support your team’s well-being.
There you have it! Those are our top practices to leave behind as we enter 2024! Need help implementing some of these changes? We can help!
What do you resolve to leave behind?
Emma Blankenship is the Chief Strategy Officer at Catalyst Development and a certified career and life coach.